Changing of the Guard
Tower of London
St Paul's Cathedral & the Millennium Bridge
Private London Tours by Car
London tours with your own private guide and car – also walking tours and public transport tours.
Half Day Private London Tour by Car (4 hours)
During a 4 hour tour by car you would see all the major sights of central London –
the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, London Bridge, St Paul’s Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, the main shopping areas, the theatre district, Whitehall, the Horseguards, Downing Street, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and some of the museums and galleries.
We could make short stops for photographs, and we might also stop for the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. This tour would give you an overview of central London.
Half day private tour of London by car from £380
Full Day Private London Tour by Car (8 hours)
With more time it’s possible to visit inside some of the most important sites and monuments as well as seeing more of central London. For lunch you could try fish & chips, a pub, or a gourmet restaurant. And if you have a special interest, eg gardens, the advantage of a private tour is that you choose what you prefer to do and see.
You will have time to make two visits (or three at a gallop!). Here are some suggestions –
Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, the Royal Mews, Kensington Palace, Tower Bridge, the British Museum, the National Gallery, the Tate Galleries.
Full day private tour of London by car from £550
Private Tours of London - by Car
London Walking Tours – or on a Red London Bus
Westminster and the West End
This is a leisurely-paced walking tour that takes in the royal residences, government buildings, theatre, shopping and restaurant areas – an excellent introduction to London that can finish with the Changing of the Guard.
The City – Old and New
We’ll see the remains of the old Roman City walls, explore the lanes that Shakespeare knew, see William the Conqueror’s Tower of London & Sir Christopher Wren’s St Paul’s Cathedral – as well as some of London’s most modern architecture in today’s financial district, The City.
These two walks can be joined together to form a full day introduction to London.
Prices start at £175 for a half day, or £280 for a full day tour, for up to 15 people.
Private Tours of London - Walking or Using Public Transport
Special Interest London Walking Tours
Special Interest walking tours can vary in length, and can be tailored to your own requirements.
Here are some examples:
- The River Thames as Muse – explores the inspiration that artists, writers and musicians have taken from London’s river.
- City Gardens Walk – visiting small, hidden and rather special gardens.
- Blackfriars – discover why this area was so attractive to artists and writers in the past, including William Shakespeare and Sir Anthony Van Dyck.
- Fitzrovia, Bloomsbury & Camden Town – areas that were home to many artists and writers in the early 20th century, including the Bloomsbury Group, the Camden Town Group, Charles Dickens, George Bernard Shaw, WB Yeats, & Roger Fry and the Omega Workshop.
- Artists in Covent Garden – one of London’s liveliest areas was once home to great 18th & 19th century artists such as Sir Peter Lely, Sir Godfrey Kneller, Sir James Thornhill, Sir Joshua Reynolds, William Hogarth and JMW Turner. Van Gogh worked here as an art dealer, and Picasso designed theatre sets in a studio here.
- City Churches – follow the history of London through its churches, and see the work of great architects and sculptors.
- Exclusive Shopping in Mayfair & St James’s – art dealers, couturiers and fashion designers, gentlemen’s tailors, hatters, shoemakers, perfumiers, jewellers, many of whom have been trading on the same spot for 300 years or more. On this walk you can discover where to buy your Coronation robes, where to buy a wedding ring for a future queen, or where James Bond does his shopping!
Prices start from £180 for up to 15 people.