Longer UK Tours by Car
Below I suggest some itineraries, but I can also help you design your own itinerary for a few days exploring.
As well as the obvious, unmissable visits, I like to find pretty villages, the perfect gastro-pub or gourmet restaurant, the hidden tiny gems that are off the beaten track, the little things that make a tour memorable. And I can suggest the perfect hotel.
- Extended/longer tours, up to 150 miles and 8hrs per day, daily fee £620.
Where not provided on longer tours, guide’s accommodation allowance £130 per night.
One or two nights away from London
- Great Houses of Derbyshire – Chatsworth, Hardwick Hall, Bolsover Castle, Haddon Hall.
- Houses & Gardens of Norfolk – East Ruston Vicarage Garden, Will Giles’s Exotic Garden, Houghton Hall, Blickling Hall, Piet Oudolf’s Millennium Garden at Pensthorpe
- Kent & Sussex Gardens – Sissinghurst, Great Dixter, Great Comp, Hole Park, Derek Jarman’s garden, Nymans
- Cotswold Villages & Gardens – Bourton House, Coughton Court, Hidcote Manor, Kiftsgate Court, Barnsley House, Cerney House
- Normandy and the D-Day landings – Caen, Sainte Mère Eglise, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Juno Beach, the 2nd World War Cemeteries
Some itineraries I’ve put together for clients
- Some of England’s highlights with charming overnight stops, 5 days
- Writers and Gardens in Cornwall, 5 days
- Antiques and Gardens in the Cotswolds, 4 days
- Sussex and the Cotswolds, Writers and Gardens, 7 days
- The Gardens of Jane Austen’s England, 12 days
- The Treasure Houses of England, some of our greatest houses & art collections, 3-4 days
- The dramatic moorland and coastal scenery of the West Country, 6 days
- England’s Village Landscape – not far from London, the backdrop to many films and television series, such as Morse, Midsomer Murders, Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple, Downton Abbey, Lovejoy etc, 4 days
How about exploring East Anglia, the Lake District, the West Country, the Pennines and Derbyshire, Yorkshire, or Northumberland. Each has its own unique landscape, and the great thing about travelling in Britain is that you can rarely drive for more than a few miles without stumbling across something of interest.
I’m happy to tour for as long as you wish, and travel in pursuit of whatever interests you!
My car has enough space for medium luggage for 5-6 people, and also has a roofbox for smaller items. See photos on the page about me & my car.