How to Book
Please contact me first to discuss your requirements and to check my availability. All my tours are very flexible – you can create your own combination of destinations, or you might only wish to go to one place. Anything is possible – almost!
Once we have agreed an itinerary and price, you can pay in advance by credit card, Apple Pay, Paypal account, or bank transfer. If you are booking at very short notice, I can take a credit card or Apple Pay on the day. Additional information about methods of payment, and important terms & conditions, can be found at the bottom of this page under Terms & Conditions.
All prices are per tour, not per person. Entrances, lunches, and any public transport costs, are NOT included. I am based in London, but can start and finish from anywhere that suits you.
Driver-Guiding Fees for Tours by Car
My current fees range between £450 and £850, dependent on distance and hours. At one end of the scale is a 4 hour tour to Windsor Castle, just outside London, and at the other end, a 10 hour day or longer to Bath and Stonehenge and maybe one other stop. For a bespoke tour, I work out a unique price based on time and distance.
The fee is inclusive of car (for up to 6 passengers) and guide, but entrance tickets and lunches are NOT included.
Guiding Fees for Walking & Public Transport Tours
For guiding tours on foot, by public transport, or for coach groups, my fees are £180 for up to 4 hours, and £290 for a full day. The same fees apply to Museum Highlights tours in London. Entrance tickets, lunches, and any public transport costs are NOT included. A small credit card fee may apply.
- Prices are from London.
- Prices are per vehicle, NOT per person.
- Prices INCLUDE my services as driver-guide, and vehicle expenses eg parking.
- Prices DO NOT INCLUDE your entrance fees and meals.
- Transfers and tours from airports and cruise or ferry terminals can be arranged upon request.
- Extra hours £75/hr.
- Extended/longer tours, up to 150 miles and 8hrs per day, daily fee £620.
- Where not provided on longer tours, guide’s accommodation allowance £130 per night.
Terms & Conditions
For the duration of the period in which we are all affected by covid, a word of explanation. My cancellation policy is temporarily set aside. I am fully vaccinated and expect you to be as well. I will ask for a small, non-refundable deposit to cover admin time and any tickets purchased on your behalf. The balance can be paid on the day of the tour. In case of illness, I would expect you to notify me as soon as possible. If I am unexpectedly unwell, I will do my best to find an alternative guide for you. I am happy to help you reschedule your planned tours.
I strongly advise that you have travel insurance. Most countries advise that your home health insurance won’t cover you for travel abroad, unless specific agreement exists between governments. Each policy has its own exclusions, particularly pre-existing conditions, so do read the policy carefully before purchasing it. Acceptable reasons for cancellation vary enormously – I recently checked my own annual policy and was happy to see that I was even covered for cancellation if my cat became ill. Epidemics are covered by some, although this is rather an unusual situation to find ourselves in. The loss of your belongings, including passport, should also be covered – losing your passport on the day you planned to return home may result in not being able to travel.
- A small non-refundable deposit secures the booking, to cover admin time and tickets purchased on your behalf.
- Unless otherwise agreed, full payment is normally due 4 weeks in advance, but at the moment can be made on the day of the tour.
- You can pay securely online with a credit card or Apple Pay via an emailed invoice from Card Services provider Square .
- You can pay through your Paypal account.
- You can phone me with your credit card details.
- You can make a direct bank transfer.
- I can take a card or Apple Pay payment on the day.
In normal times this is my cancellation policy, but see the paragraph above about Covid Policy.
Cancellation charges will depend on my ability to find other tour bookings, but below is a guide to maximum charges. If I am able to find other bookings for the dates that you have cancelled, I will make fuller refunds. It is strongly recommended that you have travel insurance that covers cancellation, as well as appropriate medical cover.
- If you cancel more than 14 days in advance, a full refund will be made less expenses.
- If you cancel less than 14 days in advance, a charge of 50% of my guiding fee will be made, plus expenses, before making a refund.
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a charge of 75% of my guiding fee will be made, plus expenses, before making a refund.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours in advance, no refund will be made.
It is required by law that I maintain my car to high standards. It must be tested, licensed and insured for private hire, and I must hold a private hire driver’s licence.
Insurance & Licences
- I am registered as a guide with the Institute of Tourist Guiding. Check or contact here.
- I have Public Liability Insurance through my membership of the British Guild of Tourist Guides. Check here.
- I am also a member of the Association of Professional Tourist Guides. Check here.
- My vehicle is insured for private hire through Aston Lark, with NIG Insurance.
- My vehicle is correctly licensed for private hire, Transport for London Taxi & Private Hire Licence 6542140201. Check here for vehicle and driving licence.
- I hold a Private Hire Driving Licence issued by Transport for London, No 621760501.
- Driver-guide bookings are accepted under the Operator’s Licence held by the Driver Guides’ Association, Licence No. 211406