Longer UK Tours by Car
I am very happy to help you plan your unique touring itinerary, or I can offer you a standard ‘highlights’ itinerary for as many days as you would like.
As well as the obvious, unmissable visits, I like to find pretty villages, the perfect gastro-pub or gourmet restaurant, the hidden gems that are off the beaten track, the little things that make a tour memorable. I can also offer accommodation suggestions.
- Extended/longer tours – my daily fee is dependent on distance, length of day and the number of days, and is negotiable. The likely range is £620 – £690 per day.
Where not provided on longer tours, guide’s accommodation allowance £140 per night.
One or two nights away from London
- Great Houses of Derbyshire – Chatsworth, Hardwick Hall, Bolsover Castle, Haddon Hall.
- Houses & Gardens of Norfolk – East Ruston Vicarage Garden, Houghton Hall, Blickling Hall, Piet Oudolf’s Millennium Garden at Pensthorpe
- Kent & Sussex Gardens – Sissinghurst, Great Dixter, Great Comp, Hole Park, Derek Jarman’s garden, Nymans
- Cotswold Villages & Gardens – Bourton House, Coughton Court, Hidcote Manor, Kiftsgate Court, Barnsley House, Cerney House
Some itineraries I’ve put together for clients
- Some of England’s highlights with charming overnight stops, 5 days
- Writers and Gardens in Cornwall, 5 days
- Antiques and Gardens in the Cotswolds, 4 days
- Sussex and the Cotswolds, Writers and Gardens, 7 days
- The Gardens of Jane Austen’s England, 12 days
- The Treasure Houses of England, some of our greatest houses & art collections, 3-4 days
- The dramatic moorland and coastal scenery of the West Country, 6 days
- England’s Village Landscape – not far from London, the backdrop to many films and television series, such as Morse, Midsomer Murders, Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple, Downton Abbey, Lovejoy etc, 4 days
- A journey from London through England and Wales to the ferry for Ireland from Holyhead. 8 days
How about exploring East Anglia, the Lake District, the West Country, the Pennines and Derbyshire, Yorkshire, or Northumberland. Each has its own unique landscape, and the great thing about travelling in Britain is that you can rarely drive for more than a few miles without stumbling across something of interest.
I’m happy to tour for as long as you wish, and travel in pursuit of whatever interests you!
My car has plenty of space for 6 people & their luggage to travel comfortably. See photos on the page about me & my car.