How to Book
Please contact me first to discuss your requirements and to check my availability. All my tours are very flexible – you can create your own combination of destinations, or you might only wish to go to one place. Anything is possible – almost!
Once we have agreed an itinerary and price, you can pay in advance by credit card, Apple Pay, Paypal account, or bank transfer. If you are booking at very short notice, I can take a credit card or Apple Pay on the day. Additional information about methods of payment, and important terms & conditions, can be found at the bottom of this page under Terms & Conditions.
Prices of Popular Tours
The prices below are for my most popular tours – please contact me for others. NB All prices are per tour, not per person. Entrances, lunches, and any public transport costs, are NOT included.
Guiding Fees for Walking & Public Transport Tours
For guiding tours on foot, by public transport, or for coach groups, my fees are £180 for up to 4 hours, and £290 for a full day. The same fees apply to Museum Highlights tours in London. Entrance tickets, lunches, and any public transport costs are NOT included. A small credit card fee may apply.
Driver-Guiding Fees for Tours by Car
Below is a list of some of the most popular tours. The fee is inclusive of car (for up to 6 passengers) and guide, but entrance tickets and lunches are NOT included. Hours are also listed, to give you some indication of what the price will be if you wish to create your own combination of visits.
- London Walking & Public Transport Tour, 4 hours, £180
- London Walking & Public Transport Tour, 8 hours, £290
- London Highlights by Car, 4 hours from £400
- London Highlights by Car, 8 hours from £555
- London Museum & Gallery tours, from £180, maximum 15 people
Windsor or Hampton Court Palace Tours
- Windsor Castle, 5 hours, from £450
- Hampton Court Palace, 5 hours, from £450
- Windsor Castle & Hampton Court Palace, 9 hours, from £590
- Windsor Castle & Stonehenge, 10 hours, from £695
- Windsor Castle & Oxford, 9 hours, from £675
- Just Stonehenge, 6 hours, from £580
- Stonehenge & Windsor Castle, 10 hours, from £695
- Stonehenge & Salisbury or Winchester, 9 hours, from £685
- Stonehenge & Avebury Prehistoric tour, 10 hours, from £740
- Stonehenge & Bath, 11 hours, from £800
- Just Oxford, 6 hours, from £530
- Oxford & Windsor Castle or Waddesdon Manor, 9 hours, from £645
- Oxford & Blenheim Palace, 9 hours, from £660
- Oxford & the Cotswolds, from 9 hours, from £690
- Oxford & Stratford or Warwick Castle via the Cotswolds, 10 hours, from £735
The Cotswolds Tours
- Cotswold Villages, 9 hours, from £690
- Cotswold Houses & Gardens, 10 hours, from £730
- The Cotswolds & Blenheim Palace, 9 hours, from £690
- The Cotswolds & Oxford, from 9 hours, from £690
- “Downton Abbey” – Cotswold film locations & Highclere Castle, 9 hours, from £690
- The Cotswolds & Bath, 10 hours, from £785
Stratford upon Avon & Warwick Castle Tours
- Stratford & Warwick Castle, 10 hours, from £735
- Stratford & Oxford via the Cotswolds, 10 hours, from £735
- Stratford & Coughton Court garden, 10 hours from £765
- Stratford & Blenheim Palace, 10 hours from £735
- Warwick Castle & Oxford, 10 hours, from £735
- Salisbury & Stonehenge, 9 hours, from £685
- Salisbury & Wilton House & garden, 9 hours, from £685
- Salisbury & Mottisfont House & garden, 9 hours, from £685
- Salisbury & Stourhead Landscape Garden, 10 hours, from £730
- Salisbury & the Heale Garden, 8 hours, from £650
- Canterbury & Dover Castle, 9 hours, from £675
- Canterbury & Leeds Castle, 9 hours, from £645
- Canterbury & Hever Castle, 9 hours from £650
- Canterbury & Chartwell, 9 hours from £650
- Canterbury & the Salutation Garden, 9 hours from £675
- Just Bath, from 8 hours, from £680
- Bath & Stonehenge or Salisbury, 11 hours, from £800
- Bath & the Cotswolds, 10 hours, from £785
- Bath & Avebury Stone Circle, 10 hours, from £770
- Bath & Abbey House garden, 10 hours, from £770
- Bath & Bowood House & garden, 11 hours, from £770
- Cambridge, 7 hours, from £575
- Cambridge & Ely Cathedral, 9 hours, from £675
- Cambridge & Anglesey Abbey Winter Gardens, 9 hours, from £675
Houses, gardens etc
- Chartwell & Hever Castle, 9 hours, from £630
- Leeds Castle & Chartwell or Hever Castle, 9 hours, from £630
- One of – Leeds Castle, Hever Castle or Chartwell, 5-6 hours, from £510
- Sissinghurst & Great Dixter gardens, 9 hours, from £675
- Sissinghurst garden, 6 hours, from £520
- Knole & Sissinghurst, 9 hours, from £675
- Houses & Gardens of Kent & Sussex, from 9 hours, from £675
- Henry Moore’s home & studios, 6 hours, from £500
- Jane Austen in Chawton, Steventon & Winchester, 9 hours, from £675
- Hidcote Manor & Kiftsgate Court gardens, from 9 hours, from £730
- Blenheim Palace and gardens & the Cotswolds, 9 hours, from £690
- Cambridgeshire Winter Gardens, 9 hours, from £675
- Arundel Castle, “The Collector Earl’s Garden” & Brighton, 9 hours, from £675
- The Landscapes of Artist John Constable, 9 hours, from £680
- The Bloomsbury Group in Sussex, 9 hours, from £675
- Prices are from London.
- Prices are per vehicle, NOT per person.
- Prices INCLUDE my services as driver-guide, and vehicle expenses eg parking.
- Prices DO NOT INCLUDE your entrance fees and meals.
- Transfers and tours from airports and cruise or ferry terminals can be arranged upon request.
- Extra hours £75/hr.
- Extended/longer tours, up to 150 miles and 8hrs per day, daily fee £620.
- Where not provided on longer tours, guide’s accommodation allowance £130 per night.
Terms & Conditions
For the duration of the period in which we are all affected by the corona virus, a word of explanation. My cancellation policy is temporarily abolished until further notice. I am happy to help you reschedule your planned tours, but if this is not possible, then a full refund will be made of your final payment.
For those who have already booked with me, my deposit is low by industry standards, and I usually regard that as a non-refundable payment for admin time already given. I am prepared to discuss this if you feel differently.
To anyone who hasn’t yet booked a tour with me, I am very happy to help you with your plans for when the current situation improves.
I strongly advise that you have travel insurance. Most countries advise that your home health insurance won’t cover you for travel abroad, unless specific agreement exists between governments. Each policy has its own exclusions, particularly pre-existing conditions, so do read the policy carefully before purchasing it. Acceptable reasons for cancellation vary enormously – I recently checked my own annual policy and was happy to see that I was even covered for cancellation if my cat became ill. Epidemics are covered by some, although this is rather an unusual situation to find ourselves in. The loss of your belongings, including passport, should also be covered – losing your passport on the day you planned to return home may result in not being able to travel.
- A 10% non-refundable deposit secures the booking.
- Unless otherwise agreed, full payment is due 4 weeks in advance.
- You can pay securely online with a credit card or Apple Pay via an emailed invoice from Card Services provider Square .
- You can pay through your Paypal account.
- You can phone me with your credit card details.
- You can make a direct bank transfer.
- If you are booking at very short notice, I can take a card or Apple Pay payment on the day.
Cancellation charges will depend on my ability to find other tour bookings, but below is a guide to maximum charges. If I am able to find other bookings for the dates that you have cancelled, I will make fuller refunds. It is strongly recommended that you have travel insurance that covers cancellation, as well as appropriate medical cover.
- If you cancel more than 14 days in advance, a full refund will be made less expenses.
- If you cancel less than 14 days in advance, a charge of 50% of my guiding fee will be made, plus expenses, before making a refund.
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a charge of 75% of my guiding fee will be made, plus expenses, before making a refund.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours in advance, no refund will be made.
It is required by law that I maintain my car to high standards. It must be tested, licensed and insured for private hire, and I must hold a private hire driver’s licence.
Insurance & Licences
- I am registered as a guide with the Institute of Tourist Guiding. Check or contact here.
- I have Public Liability Insurance through my membership of the British Guild of Tourist Guides. Check here.
- I am also a member of the Association of Professional Tourist Guides. Check here.
- My vehicle is insured for private hire through Aston Lark, with NIG Insurance.
- My vehicle is correctly licensed for private hire, Transport for London Taxi & Private Hire Licence 6542140201. Check here for vehicle and driving licence.
- I hold a Private Hire Driving Licence issued by Transport for London, No 621760501.
- Driver-guide bookings are accepted under the Operator’s Licence held by the Driver Guides’ Association, Licence No. 211406